Potato Bake (Spinach & Cheese)
Quick and easy dish for winter.
- Total time:
- 55 min
- 10 min
- 45 min
- Created by:
- Hot Meals
2 Kg White washed potatoes
2 unit Spinach (large bags)
1 unit Large red onion
1 cup Shredded low fat cheese
1 Litre Milk low fat
3 tbsp Bechamel sauce mix
- Set oven to 170 degrees and lightly spray deep oven dish.
- Thinly slice washed potatoes with skin on and place in oven dish until the bottom is covered.
- Cut onion in half and slice. Place slices on top of potatoes.
- Place spinach on top.
- Add another layer of potato.
- To make the white sauce: Mix 1 litre low fat milk and 1 litre water together and warm, do not boil. Add 3 tablespoons of béchamel sauce mix and stir until thickened (add additional spoonful of sauce mix if needed).
- Pour white sauce over potatoes and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
A quick, easy and tasty dish for winter months that\'s sure to be a crowd please. Recipe courtesy of Carolyn, Convenor at Kepnock State High School.
For a ham and cheese potato bake follow the same process, swapping the following ingredients: White potatoes to red potatoes. Red onion to brown. Spinach to ham.