Avocado Banana Muffins
Banana, avocado and blueberries in a healthy muffin
- Total time:
- 35 min
- 15 min
- 20 min
- Created by:
- Buderim Mountain State School
2 cup self raising wholemeal flour
.5 tsp bicarb soda
.3 cup buttermilk
2 each eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
.25 cup honey
2 each bananas, mashed
1 each avocado, mashed
.5 unit blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 12 muffin moulds with paper cases.
- Combine flours, bicarb soda and baking powder in a bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs and honey in a jug. Add to flour with banana and avocado. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cases, topping with blueberries, pressing into the mix lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested in the centre with a skewer.
- Transer to a wire rack to cool.
Avocado replaces the butter/margarine for a healthier muffin. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants. Thanks to Buderim Mountain State School for sharing this recipe.