Vegetarian Kidney Bean Wraps (Mexican)
- Total time:
- 40 min
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Created by:
- Hot Meals
1 each Onion
150 g Cheddar Cheese
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 unit Garlic cloves
2 tbsp Tomato paste
2 each Diced tomato can
2 each Kidney bean can
10 each Large flour tortillas
1 unit Salt and Black pepper (each)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas 4.
- Peel and finely slice the onion and grate the cheese.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a medium-low heat and gently fry the onion until softened.
- Peel and crush the garlic, then add to the pan.
- Add tomato paste and diced tomatoes.
- Drain and add the kidney beans.
- Cook for 10 minutes, or until slightly reduced, then season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Divide the filling mixture in half, then blitz one half with a stick blender or a potato masher to form a bean paste.
- Spread the tortillas with the warm bean paste, then add a serving spoon of the filling, and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up the tortillas and place on greased baking tins.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden and warmed through.
- Serve in the side of salad leaves.
Make these Mexican bean wraps using flour tortillas or any other kind of wraps.