Loaded Burrito with a Twist (vegetarian)
- Total time:
- 80 min
- 30 min
- 50 min
- Created by:
- Hot Meals
$5.00 ea iThis price is provided as a guide only and should be checked before using it as a listed menu price.
1800 g Mixed Vegetables (pumpkin, tomatoes, carrot, zucchini, sweet potato, capsicum or others)
1 unit Onion (chopped)
4 each Garlic (minced)
250 g Corn Kernels (frozen or canned)
1 unit Refried Beans (canned)
1 unit Black Beans (canned)
1 unit Red Kidney Beans (canned)
2 tbsp Cumin (ground)
2 unit Burrito mix (packet)
250 ml Water
5 cup Rice
30 unit Tortillas (medium)
600 g Tomatoes (chopped, can use leftover ends)
1.5 Kg Low Fat Shredded Cheese
1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Chop all the mixed vegetables by hand or in a food processor or themromix (excluding corn & chopped tomatoes).
- Mash all beans together by hand or in a food processor or themromix.
- Into a fry pan add the chopped onion and minced garlic with a tbsp of olive oil.
- Add in the mixed vegetables (Step 1) and beans (Step 2) into the fry pan. Add the 250 ml of water, frozen corn, burrito mix, cumin and simmer for approx 1 hour.
- Before serving cook rice, according to packet instructions.
- Place 50g of cheese, 30g of chopped tomatoes and 1 serving spoon of burrito mix (Step 4). Wrap in foil & toast in sandwich maker
Vegetarian, Egg Free & Nut Free Simple Mexican dish, packed full of flavour and veggie goodness. Great for high school students and reports state customers have no clue there is no meat (including students & teachers). Kidney beans make a great meat look alike and alternative. They are a good sources of protein, folate, iron and dietary fibre. This recipe contains 4 of the 5 core food groups including meat and alternatives, vegetables, cereals & grains and milk and alternatives. Recommend listing as BURRITO on the menu. Thank you to Coombabah State High School for submitting this recipe to QAST Recipe of the Year 2020
Gluten Free: use gluten free tortillas or wraps (e.g. Woolworths Free From Gluten Ingredients Tortilla Corn or Mission Gluten Free Wraps) Dairy Free: remove cheese Other: use leftover veggies