Black Bean & Raspberry Brownie
- Total time:
- 35 min
- 10 min
- 25 min
- Created by:
$1.50 ea iThis price is provided as a guide only and should be checked before using it as a listed menu price.
420 g Black Beans (canned & drained)
0.3 cup Sunflower Oil
3 tbsp Flaxseed Meal or Linseed Meal
9 tbsp Water
3 tsp Vanilla Essence (imitation)
160 g Golden Syrup
0.5 cup Wholemeal Flour (plain)
0.5 cup Cocoa Powder
0.5 tsp Baking Powder
0.5 cup Frozen Raspberries
1 unit Salt (pinch)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a baking dish with baking paper
- Add the flaxseed meal to a small bowl as well as the water. Whisk together and allow to sit to become gel like.
- Strain and rinse black beans and add to blender/ food processor or use a stick blender (or mash beans using a fork).
- Add sunflower oil, golden syrup (160g or 0.3 cup plus 2 tbsp), vanilla extract and flaxseed mixture. Blend on high until smooth and creamy (or mix by hand).
- In a large mixing bowl sieve wholemeal flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix to combine.
- Pour black bean mixture into flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour brownie mixture into baking paper lined brownie tin and push raspberries into the brownie mixture. Place in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Dairy Free, Egg Free & Nut Free A delicious brownie packed with protein and dietary fibre, that tastes great. The raspberries provide a refreshing burst of flavour combined with a rich and fudgy chocolate brownie. Recipe requires a blender/ stick blender or food processor or potato masher. Tip: try not to add extra golden syrup or fruit as this will make the recipe RED.