Zucchini Slice (Gluten Free)
Tasty gluten free take on a favourite, courtesy of Sue Behan, Victoria Park State School, Mackay.
- Total time:
- 75 min
- 30 min
- 45 min
- Created by:
- Hot Meals
.75 cup Brown rice
1 tbsp Olive oil
125 g Bacon
1 unit Leek
1 unit Carrot, grated
1 cup Peas
2 unit Egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp Lemon rind, finely grated
1 tbsp Dill, fresh & chopped
.75 cup Low fat cheese, grated
1 unit Zucchini, large
- Pre-heat oven at 160 degrees C.
- Cook rice until fluffy and tender.
- Finely chop bacon; wash, halve and thinly slice the leek; crush garlic. Cook bacon, leek, garlic.
- Add zucchini (squeeze out excess liquid), carrot and peas.
- Cool ingredients. Once cooled mix rice and vegetable mix together.
- Fold half of the cheese, eggs (lightly beaten), lemon and dill into the rice and vegetable mix.
- Lightly spray a 20cm square oven proof dish and add mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm and golden. Cut into slices.
Tasty gluten free take on a family favourite, courtesy of Sue Behan, Victoria Park State School, Mackay.
Can be served hot or cold, with salad.