- Total time:
- 40 min
- 10 min
- 30 min
- Created by:
- Cavendish Road State High School
- Hot Meals
$5.00 ea iThis price is provided as a guide only and should be checked before using it as a listed menu price.
2 Kg Lean beef mince
4 each Crushed tomatoes (410g tin)
1 cup Tomato paste, no salt added
1 tbsp Garlic, minced
4 unit Onion, diced
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp Beef stock powder
4 cup Water
2 Kg Pasta, uncooked
- Brown mince in a large saucepan that has been coated with cooking spray, drain well, remove to a plate.
- Using same saucepan mix tomato puree, tomato paste, garlic, onion, oregano, stock powder and water together.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes covered.
- Serve 1 ladle of bolognaise mixture over 3/4 cup of pasta (cook pasta according to instructions on the packaging).
Bulk up with grated veggies, beans or lentils to reduce the cost of ingredients and increase the nutrition