Dessert spring rolls
- Total time:
- 15 min
- 15 min
- 0 min
- Created by:
$3.00 ea iThis price is provided as a guide only and should be checked before using it as a listed menu price.
10 each rice paper wrap
8 unit blueberries
6 unit strawberries
1 unit banana
2 tbsp coconut
0.5 cup baby spinach
10 unit Fresh basil leaves
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 unit kiwi
6 Select strawberries
1 unit mandarin segments tin
1 each apple
- Wash and prepare the fruits: Slice the strawberries into thin slices. Peel and cut the kiwis into thin slices. Peel and cut banana into thick slices. Slice the apple. Drain the tinned mandarins.
- Prepare the rice paper wraps. In a large bowl, soak the rice paper wrap in warm water for about 20-30 seconds (as per packet instructions). The wrap should be pliable, but still slightly firm, as it will soften while you put the filling. Place onto a large plate and start adding fruit straight away. Do one wrap at a time.
- Choose filling and prepare. Suggested fillings = Blueberries, strawberry, coconut and banana. OR Strawberry, wipe of balsamic, spinach, basil OR Kiwi, mint, strawberry, a few blueberries and banana in the middle of strawberries. Sprinkle with coconut.
- To fold the rice paper, roll up from the bottom to cover the fillings, then fold each side and roll. Ensure that you pull the rice paper tight to get the best result. Place onto a plate and repeat with the rest of the rice paper wraps.
- To make the dip, simply mix the honey with the yoghurt.
- Dip the rice paper rolls into the dip and enjoy.
Rice paper rolls filled with fruits.
You can use many combinations of fruits- try kiwi, strawberry, pomegranate seeds and mango (fresh, frozen or tinned). Another great dip for these is a juice of 1/2 lemon, juice of 1/2 lime and 1 tsp of honey.